Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'M BACK

Don't worry I am not MISSING!!
Wow these past few months have been beyond busy!!
A quick list now more details later

1. Hannegan started
2. Birthday weekend at AMA Nationals in Washougal
3. Road trip to Michigan
4. Fair week
5. Top Gun
6. New School year

PHHEEWWW! 
First, Hannegan season which is awesome as always! Joe didn't race as much there this season but Kurt most certainly did and took 1st and 2nd overall in his two classes; and of course I was working in the kitchen!
Then came my birthday weekend of which we went down for the PROFESSIONALS who came to Washougal to race and that as always is a blast to watch!
The highlight of my summer would definitely have to be the 2 week road trip that Joe and I made to Michigan to see our grandparents! We saw some amazing sights and got to see many states that we hadn't been to yet. We went through 15 states in 15 days!! At the ripe ol' age of 19 I have been to 25 of the 50 states of America!!! That was a once in a lifetime road trip that I will probably NEVER have this opportunity ever again!!! 
The Northwest Washington Fair; a blast as usual!! The twist though, we got back from Michigan on Saturday night, had Sunday to "relax" and then I started a 5 day work week with 3 days working at the fair and 2 days at Hannegan! It was a very fun week but when that week was over I did very close to nothing!!!
TOP GUN!! A SWEET 4 day weekend of racing with family and friends and awesome whole family activities after the races like a slip'n'slide, tug o war, and MANcross! 

BIG NEWS!! I am NOT going to culinary school anymore, I repeat I am NOT going to culinary school!
WWHHHHHAAAAATTTT???????? 
You might be thinking well a little bit of an explanation. Originally in high school I had always planned on going into the medical field, took all the extra classes including extra sciences, sports medicine/medical terminology then my senior year of high school took the "detour" from medical to culinary. So technically I am just going back to what I had originally always wanted to do! Which I am excited about, I have chosen to go to school for Physical Therapist Assistant which makes about $40,000 a year with lots of advancement opportunity. Ultimately I want to have a family someday and this career with give me a better opportunity to leave the field for a while once I decide to start my family. For now I am doing the prerequisites for the program and hope to be in my 15 month program in fall of 2013!

Now that I have actually gotten back to the blogging world I will hopefully stay on top of the posting!

Au Revouir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment