Monday, February 27, 2012

Nature vs. Nurture


This saying is so prevalent to me right now in my life and anyone who knows my family history will understand why. A quick "history" lesson for those who may or may not know as much; my parents divorced when I was 10 years old and ever since then my father and I's relationship has been circling the drain.... I have a dad who is up here and supporting me and encouraging me to do everything I've ever dreamed of! and it's not the one who made me!! Not once have I ever seen my father show HALF the amount of pride in the things I've done as the man whose come to EVERY choir concert, EVERY cheer performance, EVERY event, and has ALWAYS been there for me! 

As I stand looking head on at the fact that in two weeks I could be Miss Whatcom County 2012 and heading on to compete at Miss Washington in the summer. I can't thank my family and friends who have supported me through thick and thin; achievements and failures; come backs and let downs on more than one occasion! You (and you know who you are) have helped mold me into the young woman I have become and I hope you know that you can pat yourselves on the back because without any of you I wouldn't be the same!

Acknowledgements
Mom, Jim, Joe, Kurt, Grandma, Sandy, Trevor, Nick , Jen, Toad, Ronnie, Brandee, Kelsey, Alyssa, Sonja, Tara, Tuesday, Nancy Garr, Kelly Goode, Angela Burgess, Rick Brudwick, Madame Monda, Mrs. Hageman, Carol Starcher, Michelle G., and so so so so so many more!!

3 comments:

  1. Kate you are one of the luckiest girls I know to have such an incredible family, and I should know, they raised me too!
    Some of us get great dads, some of us get super moms, seldom do we get both but it sounds like your super mom went out and FOUND you a great dad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on that list too! But I didn't want to ramble on,and on!! :)

      Delete