Monday, March 12, 2012

Mysterious Ways!

Even though I didn't win Miss Whatcom County 2012 it was an extremely humbling experience! It opened my eyes to something I have always loved and been involved in but never truly pursued and that's my love of performing! 
The stage is my domain and always has been!! I'm more comfortable in front of a huge crowd than a room of people! That's why the tides are changing for me I am pursuing auditioning for Bellingham's local women's choir Allegra as well as preparing to audition for the Bellingham Theater Guilds production of Annie Get Your Gun! 
At first I was absolutely devastated that I hadn't won ANYTHING at Miss Whatcom County, well nothing that was announced anyways! I was floored!! The minute that I got off the stairs from our pictures I was running for my family choking back tears because I truly believed that all my hard work and effort would have at least got me 1st or 2nd runner-up but I guess the judges just had something against blondes! =P 
As my family and I have been talking about it in the last two days I realized, yup! God sure did have a reason for me not winning and that was showing me that performing is where I belong...who knows maybe I'll switch entirely transfer to Western and enter into their Choral and Dramatic Arts program.....??? Sounds good to me! :)

Au Revouir!!

3 comments:

  1. As much as we would miss you here at BTC, you would be a wonderful music teacher... :) Let's take piano lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate I will never ever forget you singing into the hose in the backyard... We've always known you were destined for greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom; YES PLEASE!! I'm thinking I'm going to go buy beginners piano sheet music!

    M; Oh goodness yes! They haven't been able to stop me from singing since then! :)

    ReplyDelete